CATHSWAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know of a Latin chant program or web site?

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone know of a Latin chant program or web site? Empty Does anyone know of a Latin chant program or web site?

Post  K. Landis Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:15 pm

Does anyone know of a Latin chant program or web site which can assist my friend who is a priest in teaching some basic Latin Chant songs for Mass to his school students?

He doesn't know where to start except, "repeat after me". He is searching for something more put together.

Kristi

K. Landis

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know of a Latin chant program or web site? Empty Alan Jemison Music

Post  catholicmontessori Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:19 pm

You might try Alan Jemison's "Minimum Repertoire of Plain Chant". I myself have not yet used it, but I have known people who did, and they loved it. I am using his "Beginning at the Piano" series for my son and it is excellent, so I am sure his other music products would be very good. I forget the exact URL for his website, but do a Google search and his name will come up.

catholicmontessori

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know of a Latin chant program or web site? Empty Latin chant resources

Post  Johnson Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Peace.
There is a set of taped music and the book with the notes/verses for traditional Church latin music. It is from Our Father's House and is called the Minimum Repertoire of Plain Chant. Also, there is a great website that can be used to teach the music and notes for singing. It is at: http://romaaeterna.jp/
Hope this helps some.

His joy be yours,
Lisa

Johnson

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know of a Latin chant program or web site? Empty Alan Jemison Music - Chant Book

Post  alan jemison Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:43 pm

My book is called 'Jubilate Deo' named for the original pamphlet of essential chants prepared by Pope Paul VI to encourage the use of chant in our churches. The Ordinary of the Mass and 10 Gregorian hymns (same titles as in 'Minimum Repertoire...') are presented in both Latin and ICEL English. The accompanying CD sung by Carol Ireland with me (Jemison) at the piano is very helpful for learning the music. The music notes are in modern notation, not Gregorian square notes, only to simplify, not to compete.
www.aljem.com
www.alanjemisonmusic.com
www.emmanuelbooks.com
www.adoremusbooks.com
www.sacredheartbooksandgifts.com

alan jemison

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know of a Latin chant program or web site? Empty Re: Does anyone know of a Latin chant program or web site?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down