CATHSWAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what spelling program do you use??

4 posters

Go down

what spelling program do you use?? Empty what spelling program do you use??

Post  SandyG Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:40 pm

there is soo much out there, im soo overwhelmed---A Reason for Spelling ; phonetic zoo; spelling powe. ETC ETC
ARRGHH!!! can someone tell me what you use and WHY?? what you like/dislike about the program you use??
thanks AND GOD Bless

SandyG

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

what spelling program do you use?? Empty All About Spelling

Post  jmjprayforus Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:17 am

I LOVE it. It teaches spelling and reading. It is wonderful!
It's multisensory....visual, auditory. kinesthetic...
[url=http://www.allaboutspelling.com/jmjprayforus]www.allaboutspelling.com/jmjprayforus[/url]

I used to love in Yuma three years ago- do you belong to the Catholic group??
Darlene

jmjprayforus

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

what spelling program do you use?? Empty Re: what spelling program do you use??

Post  SandyG Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:25 am

oh gosh YES!! but we soo small we rarely get together, so I joined the christian one , its more active.
that is sooo cool that y ou lived in yuma. you should come back!! and make our lil group more active SadSad

SandyG

Back to top Go down

what spelling program do you use?? Empty All About Spelling/ Simply Spelling

Post  amyzkids Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:16 pm

I love All About Spelling too! I use it with my guy who struggles with spelling and it has done wonders. My other kids seem to have an easier time - what I call "natural spellers" - they just learn the rules vicariously. So I have used CHC spellers and last year I purchased a Simply Spelling book that does spelling in a Charlotte Mason type way - You get the spelling words through copywork/dictation of a passage or quote. It just makes the lessons more interesting.

God Bless!
Amy

amyzkids

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

what spelling program do you use?? Empty spelling recommendation

Post  jessicahannon Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:23 am

The Writing Road to Reading by Ramona Bishop Spalding.

It is affordable, the children learn to spell and read and write all in one program, and it uses ALL four senses of hearing speaking writing and seeing to teach them. The children learn the spelling rules well. The book also includes a way to incorporate grammar into it, but I have not used that part of the book.

You need minimum supplies: the teachers book, the phonogram cards, and pencil and paper.

The only downfall is that I find the teachers book a little difficult for the average parent to understand (and a little overwhelming by its thickness) But Mari Mcalister makes a wonderful little guide WITH lesson plans to go with it (can be purchased from Emmanuel books and its called Starting a spelling notebook. (she gives really good suggestion on how to use it in ALL grade levels- even as remial for high schoolers. It is working wonders for all my children (ages 5-14)

spalding supplies can also be purchase from spalding.org. I only ordered what I mention above and find that is all you need. However, they sell lots of other curriculum aids that are not really needed in the homeschool setting. The only other item I would suggest you might want to purchase from them is their notebooks and lined paper- you wont find anything like them in the stores and the prices are very affordable.

jessicahannon

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  SandyG Fri May 01, 2009 2:36 am

anyone use simply spelling???

SandyG

Back to top Go down

what spelling program do you use?? Empty Simply Spelling

Post  amyzkids Wed May 06, 2009 10:20 am

If you are referring to the one by Shoelace Books - I have used it. I like it because it is different than just your usual list and the kids are exposed to good literature in the process. They have memorized some selections and it also incorporates grammar and handwriting. Dictation is a great tool for teaching Language Arts. What age are you looking at it for?

amyzkids

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down