CATHSWAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you suggest for virtue/character training?

3 posters

Go down

What do you suggest for virtue/character training? Empty What do you suggest for virtue/character training?

Post  ibmomma2many Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:48 pm

I am really looking for a way to focus on the virtues and/or character qualities with my children. I've seen the character building cards included in CHC's lesson plans, but I would like something sold separately (these are only available when the lesson plans are purchased). I have found a few "Christian" resourses for this, but have found the usual conflicts within them and I will not use them. Does anyone have any suggestions for a truly Catholic resource for teaching these to my children? They are ages 13, 10, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1 and due in May with #8.
Thanks, ladies!
Alyssa

ibmomma2many

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

What do you suggest for virtue/character training? Empty Re: What do you suggest for virtue/character training?

Post  petalprose Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:15 pm

Try the Rosary Quilt program! It is based on the Rosary and the virtues St. Louis de Montfort assigns to each mystery. It is presented sort of like a unit study of each mystery/virtue, but very easy, fun and effective. Very Catholic and the books are great for 1st graders and up.

petalprose

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

What do you suggest for virtue/character training? Empty Rosary quilt program

Post  ryndaville Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Where can we find the Rosary quilt Program? It sounds like something our family could also use.

ryndaville

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

What do you suggest for virtue/character training? Empty Re: What do you suggest for virtue/character training?

Post  petalprose Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:44 pm

I don't think we are allowed to post links on this site, but try doing a search on catholic rosary quilt. The actual activity blanket is optional, but helpful for the little ones.

petalprose

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down