CATHSWAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

junior and senior high religion curriculum

3 posters

Go down

junior and senior high religion curriculum Empty junior and senior high religion curriculum

Post  tjinkens Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:27 am

I will be coordinating a junior and senior high school program for six students through a Catholic not for proffit school, and I need advice on a good religion curriculum. I want to incorporate
1. Some sound program that assists students in interpreting scripture (like daily readings) and reflecting upon it, as well as a good scripture study,.
2. Something that uses the New Catechism
3. discussion of liturgy prayer, and devotions
4. discussion of works of murcy and giving service to church, community, and those in need
5. Discussion of topics of pro life work, Catholic social teaching, and morality.
6. prayer leading to discernment of vocation.

Any thoughts about a good solid program that would do all of that or about resources that would help me develop one? I definitely want to use the new Catechism.

God bless,
tina Jinkens

tjinkens

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

junior and senior high religion curriculum Empty Re: junior and senior high religion curriculum

Post  Catherine Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:34 pm

I don't know what you mean by the "New Catechism" but I like "Our Quest for Happiness Series" and "Fr. Laux books."

Catherine

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://www.sgrtheater.faithweb.com

Back to top Go down

junior and senior high religion curriculum Empty hs rel ed books

Post  jtsivak Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:21 am

Just ran across this, but our parish just chose the Didache series -- excellent! Ignatius sells them and our pastor asked for a review package of all 4 texts -- cheap -- if you can get someone in parish/school admin position to fax a request on letterhead for them.

They're "meaty" but so good!

Tracy in Va.

jtsivak

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

junior and senior high religion curriculum Empty Re: junior and senior high religion curriculum

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down