CATHSWAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking for an online writing tutor

+4
MaryM
Moni
amyzkids
lucki2b
8 posters

Go down

looking for an online writing tutor Empty looking for an online writing tutor

Post  lucki2b Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:03 pm

For my dd who is going into 9th. If you know of anyone please let me know.
blessings
lucki2b
lucki2b

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

looking for an online writing tutor Empty Writing tutor

Post  amyzkids Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:28 pm

I have used Write Guide http://www.writeguide.com/ with my oldest son in 7th-8th gr. It was an excellent "online tutor" service. You pick any writing project for any length of time and get assigned a teacher to guide you through the whole writing process, start to finish. You communicate through e-mails. I highly recommend it Exclamation
Amy

amyzkids

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

looking for an online writing tutor Empty Re: looking for an online writing tutor

Post  Moni Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:22 am

http://www.writeathome.com/

I haven't used them but keep hearing positive comments about them on the internet forums.
They are on my list to use in the future Very Happy

Here is an example of feedback from the website.

http://www.writeathome.com/samples/Sample.pdf

Moni

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

looking for an online writing tutor Empty Re: looking for an online writing tutor

Post  MaryM Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:15 pm

We have used writeathome.com for two essay workshops and they are hands down excellent. We also used writeguide and I wouldn't recommend them based just on our experience. OThers have different opinions, I know. If you wanted a curriculum and tutor serives, Kolbe offers these for those enrolled.

Mary

MaryM

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

looking for an online writing tutor Empty Excellence in Writing.com has resources for parents

Post  Deeann Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:17 pm

If you got to www.excellenceinwriting.com you will find resources--well established writing tutors will be recommended.

Denise in AZ
Deeann
Deeann

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

looking for an online writing tutor Empty Write at Home?

Post  sbcorgi Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Does Write at Home allow you to used your topics or do you have to use their topics? I would like my oldest two to have some help with their current writing assignments without adding more to their agendas.
sbcorgi
sbcorgi

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

looking for an online writing tutor Empty RCA offers writing assistance and online courses

Post  Beth Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:07 pm

Regina Coeli Academy, a Catholic online academy, offers help with writing in a variety of formats. They have a writing course via email called Progymnasmata (Greek word) geared towards 6th-9th graders. This course is excellent. They also offer writing assistance at $65 per month for papers, and an online course that links composition and grammar.

website address is: www.reginacoeli.org

God bless,
Beth

Beth

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Moni Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:23 pm

lucki2b wrote:For my dd who is going into 9th. If you know of anyone please let me know.
blessings

www.WriteAtHome.com

Moni

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

looking for an online writing tutor Empty MaryM Re:online tutor

Post  littlewayofsttheresa Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Mary, I am interested as to why you would not recommend WriteGuide. I like the fact that you can pick your own topics and tailor it to your own curriculum. What didn't impress you? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

littlewayofsttheresa

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryM Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:29 pm

littlewayofsttheresa wrote:Mary, I am interested as to why you would not recommend WriteGuide. I like the fact that you can pick your own topics and tailor it to your own curriculum. What didn't impress you? Your input would be greatly appreciated.
I PM'd you...

MaryM

Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

looking for an online writing tutor Empty Write Guide

Post  sbcorgi Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:14 pm

I would also like to know why you would not recommend it. I was going to have my 11th grader use is for a month this fall and again in the spring. She is using the MODG syllabi for high school and I thought it might be of help to have someone other than myself.

Thanks,
Stephani
sbcorgi
sbcorgi

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down