CATHSWAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone used Our Holy Faith by Neumann Press?

4 posters

Go down

Has anyone used Our Holy Faith by Neumann Press? Empty Has anyone used Our Holy Faith by Neumann Press?

Post  Sheri Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:49 pm

I am thinking about using this for religion (for my 4th and 5th graders), but have never seen the books nor do I know anyone who has used this series. It looks wonderful by the description, but I don't want to go by that alone.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Sheri

Sheri

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-29

http://www.mycmsite.com/shanson

Back to top Go down

Has anyone used Our Holy Faith by Neumann Press? Empty Our Holy Faith

Post  Jamie Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:58 am

I haven't seen it but I also have a great interest in it. I would love to hear from others that have used it. The description from Neumann is wonderful I say that is good enough. All the books that I have ordered from them have been just what was described.
Let me know if you decide to get it. I would love to hear your opinion.

Jamie
mom to 8 so far.
Jamie
Jamie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Has anyone used Our Holy Faith by Neumann Press? Empty Our Holy Faith

Post  pmeilaen Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:17 pm

I've used the first book of the series. I've found it very thorough, but also a little bit exhausting and repetitive. The Teacher Manual is necessary to do the series. The literature suggestions to make the lessons more alive are outdated, most books are out of print. Angelicum Academy used to use this as their religion curriculum, they still might sell you their old lesson plans. The Teacher Manual for grade 2 is missing, so it would be very difficult to use this program in grade 2.

Eva

pmeilaen

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Has anyone used Our Holy Faith by Neumann Press? Empty Our Lady of the Rosary School uses them

Post  catholicmontessori Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:32 pm

Go to http://www.olrs.com and you can get the information about this. I am surprised there isn't a forum for Our Lady of the Rosary School on here....anyway, they use the Our Holy Faith Series from grades 1-8. They have reprinted the books so they are not hardcover (I found this out when I ordered from them), so the thing to do is buy your texbooks and teacher's manuals from Neumann Press, then go ahead and get the lesson plans and tests from Our Lady of the Rosary. They also provide supplementary materials like coloring books, etc., that are helpful. I'm using "Jesus Comes" and the Our Lady of the Rosary religion with my son who is preparing for First Holy Communion, we love it. We are also using Our Lady of Victory religion in conjunction with it, because they emphasize more strict memorization. Our Lady of the Rosary provides the enrichment that Our Lady of Victory was lacking. I'm rambling....sorry! Very Happy I just get very enthusiastic. Anyway, I hope this helps.

catholicmontessori

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Has anyone used Our Holy Faith by Neumann Press? Empty Re: Has anyone used Our Holy Faith by Neumann Press?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down