CATHSWAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIttle Flowers Girls Club & homeschool?

2 posters

Go down

LIttle Flowers Girls Club & homeschool? Empty LIttle Flowers Girls Club & homeschool?

Post  sandygirl Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:32 am

We live too far from the catholic homeschooling group here in town, but I really want DD to do the Little Flowers Girls club.

Has anyone modified it to work within your CCD course in homeschool? Or just done it on your own?

I think it can be done from reading about it online, but can't really tell.

sandygirl

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

LIttle Flowers Girls Club & homeschool? Empty Little Flowers at Home

Post  pmeilaen Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:46 am

I'm doing the Little Flowers program with my three daughters ages 8, 5, and almost 3 at home. We do it Sundays afternoons. We cover one virtue/saint per month. My 8 year old picks 8 activities, my 5 year old three activities to accomplish. My little one is too little to do the activities but she enjoys the prayers, stories, songs. We work on them on Sundays and during the week. We do not do the medal projects. I've purchased the Leader's Guide, Member's Guides and Craft Companion for wreath 1. We also have sashes and badges. We do some crafts but I don't like all of the suggestions in the Craft Companion. I use different ideas in that area. I also supplement the saints' descriptions with "Living Books." We own the Little Flowers Memory Verse CD and my daughters really love it. Once a year our bishop has a mass for all Little Flowers which gives my daughters an opportunity to see other Little Flowers. While we work on the Little Flowers, my husband does the Blue Knights program with my son. I like the program and the time I get to spend with my daughters. It's fun to have something just for the girls and myself.

Eva

pmeilaen

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down