CATHSWAP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for programs for Children with Down's

4 posters

Go down

Suggestions for programs for Children with Down's Empty Suggestions for programs for Children with Down's

Post  viensfamily Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:02 am

Greetings, I have a soon to be five year old son with Down's. He is quite advanced and is speaking with three word sentences and has good cognitive speech (he understand what is said to him well). He has the typical gross and fine motor skill issues, developed to about a 3 years old right now. He will sit at the table with my other kids and ask for paper and pen and paint, glue things for about a half hour. He really responds to music as a learning forum and has done really well with Baby Einstein for early words, and sign lanquage. I am looking for some really good DVD programs for learning colors, shapes, early learning topics, preparing for reading, etc. Does anyone out there have any experience with programs in the above description? Any suggestions beyond what I have asked:? Anyone else out there have children they are teaching with this same issue? Love to hear from you and exchange information. God bless.

viensfamily

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for programs for Children with Down's Empty Son with Down syndrome

Post  dasfreshfamily Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:23 am

I have a son with DS as well (he will be 5 in November) and for table work we use the Handwriting without Tears pre-k program which he loves because they have a song for almost every activity! He also enjoys the Signing Time DVD's which they have on colors, alphabet, animals, sports, etc. It is good for pre-reading because they have the word written on the screen, they sign it and say it and show it! There is also lots of music! You can play their CD's in the car and sing and sign with them. Hope that helps. Our son, Simon, understands so much of what he said to him but only speaks in 1-2 word sentences, but he knows how to get his point across. What a joy he is!

dasfreshfamily

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for programs for Children with Down's Empty Re: Suggestions for programs for Children with Down's

Post  nursejane Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:43 pm

both my little guys love the leapfrog dvds and honestly, i still think that you can't beat sesame street

Laura

nursejane

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for programs for Children with Down's Empty Reading program for DS son

Post  ksb57 Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:54 am

We have used Edmark software for reading. My son, 8 1/2, Down Syndrome, has almost finished Level 1 and has read the first Faith and Freedom reader. He recognizes about 125 or so words. He also has enjoyed the Letter Factory and Word Factory DVD's from Leapfrog.

ksb57

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for programs for Children with Down's Empty Re: Suggestions for programs for Children with Down's

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down